LAST UPDATED May 2023
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that you provide us when using the Services, including:
- Your name, email address, company information and other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when submitting information using the “Get in Touch” section on the Website;
- Your account login information, including password and other account credentials;
- Additional information about representatives of companies that you choose to provide us; and
- Your resume and other information that you provide when applying for employment with Convex.
You may elect not to provide information to us, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing certain features of the Services.
- IP address;
- Unique device identifier;
- Date and time stamps;
- Location information; and
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as clickstream data.
Finally, we also collect certain information from outside sources, such as third parties that help us supplement the information you or others have provided, careers websites, references and publicly available sources.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and Convex and the Website do not recognize DNT signals. To learn more about DNT signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information we collect is used in the following ways:
- to respond to your messages and otherwise communicate with you;
- to register you for events;
- to evaluate your candidacy and process your application for employment;
- to provide, improve and support our products and services, including the Website;
- for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission;
- to tailor features and content to you;
- to run analytics and better understand user interaction with the Services; and
- to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you via the Services.
DISCLOSURES AND TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
We may need to disclose information about you to in the ordinary course of providing our services, as follows:
- To our third party vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as those providing cloud storage, website hosting, analytics and other services;
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group;
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations;
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries;
- To enforce any applicable terms of service and ensure the safety and security of Convex and/or its users; and
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
This section applies to you only if you are a California resident (“resident” or “residents”). For purposes of this section, references to “personal information” shall include “sensitive personal information,” as these terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Processing of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we collected and (where indicated below) disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about residents:
|Category||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and IP address||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors, business customers|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute such as name, telephone number and employment information||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors, business customers|
|Internet or other similar network activity such as information regarding a resident’s interaction with the Services||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, sex, age, and citizenship||Background check vendors, IT service management vendors|
|Geolocation data such as a resident’s IP address||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors|
|Professional or employment-related information such as a resident’s company name||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors, business customers|
|Government Identifiers* such as social security number, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, information received from standard background checks (if applicable)||Staffing and background check vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors|
|Racial or ethnic origin*||IT service management vendors and security vendors|
|Account access credentials* such as a resident’s log-in to access the Services||IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors|
|Precise geolocation data*||Data analytics vendors, IT service management vendors, security vendors, and website hosting vendors|
The specific business or commercial purposes for which we collect and disclose your personal information and the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information are described in the “Information we Collect” and “Use of Information” sections above. We only use and disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes specified in the CCPA.
Selling and Sharing of Personal Information
We do not have actual knowledge that we “sell” or “share” (as those terms are defined under the CCPA and used throughout this section) personal information of residents under 16 years of age. We do not share and have not shared personal information about residents in the past 12 months. However, we do sell certain categories of personal information and, in the preceding 12 months, we have sold the following categories of personal information about residents to our business customers in the course of providing our Services to those customers:
- Identifiers such as name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute such as name, telephone number and employment information;
Retention of Personal Information
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to information that we have collected about you. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access/Know. You may have a right to request that we confirm whether we process information about you and give you access to that information. You may also have a right to receive that information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information to another business without impediment. If you are a California resident, you have a right to request the following information about our collection, use and disclosure of your information over the prior 12 months:
- categories of information about you we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, and sold;
- categories of sources from which we collected information about you;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting and selling information about you;
- categories of third parties to whom the information about you was disclosed for a business purpose or sold; and
- specific pieces of information about you we have collected.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate information we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Selling. You have a right to opt-out of the “sale” of your information (as the term is defined under applicable law). To exercise this right, please use the following form: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. For information on how we process opt-out preference signals, see the “Do Not Track” section above.
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the information provided below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address, government issued ID or date of birth, before providing a substantive response to the request. Depending on your location, you may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney document, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
In addition, where applicable, we will provide you with more information about our appeal process. When you submit a request or launch an appeal, we will limit our collection of your information to only what is necessary to securely fulfill your request or process your appeal. We will not require you or your authorized agent to pay a fee for the verification of your request or appeal.
Please be aware that, despite our reasonable efforts to protect your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.